Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Weekend April 16th and 17th

 On Friday, my host and I took the train to the other side of Dublin to hang out

with Paul and his host. After taking a bus from the train to get to their neighborhood,

we realized we had no clue how to get to his house. After walking about a mile down

the street, which my host regarded as the second longest tree-lined street in Dublin, we

realized we had gone too far. We then walked back almost all the way to the bus stop.

After all of this, we had to turn around again and walk a few hundred yards towards

the way we had just came from. Finally, we met up with Paul and his exchange, and

spent the night listening to music and talking amongst Peter, Paul's host, and his group

of friends on the corner of a street near his house. Saturday, I woke up late and went

almost immediately to the play, The Plough in Our Stars, along with everyone else. The play was at the famous Abbey Theater. It
was funny and interesting, which I did not expect. After finding my way home alone

on the bus, Luke and I, my host, drove to the opposite side of Dublin to secure tickets

to Macklemore's Saturday night show. We got floor tickets, and after taking the Louis

train into the 3 Arena, we spent the night listening to some quality music. Though we

didn't do anything on Sunday, the weekend had already proved itself to be entertaining

and worth-while.
Chris Colbert
 


No comments:

Post a Comment